- Jul 21, 2014Because we live on the planet Earth, it's sometimes hard to gain some perspective about the visibility of life outside of our planet. An extraterrestrial spacecraft lurking in a satellite's orbit near Earth would be able to see city lights and pollution in our atmosphere.
- Jun 30, 2014NASA's LCROSS spacecraft turned its scopes on Earth to view it as an exoplanet.
- Jun 20, 2014A new study links continents and plate tectonics to the rise of oxygen on Earth.
- Jun 12, 2014Researchers suggest using the giant planet's decametric radio waves to scan its moons for life.
- Mar 4, 2014Researchers recently discovered that a common space weather phenomenon on the outskirts of Earth’s magnetic bubble, the magnetosphere, has much larger repercussions for Venus.
- Feb 27, 2014It seems like anywhere you look on Earth, microorganisms are there – even kilometers beneath the Earth’s surface where sunlight never reaches. Scientists are just beginning to understand Earth’s deep subsurface biosphere, but a new study might help determine just how far down microbes can
- Feb 13, 2014Scientists have calculated the radiation risk of a trip to Mars. The finding use data provided by NASA's Curiosity rover, and highlight the risks that future human explorers might face.