- Jul 21, 2014The Chelyabinsk meteorite puts to rest a long-standing debate about the source of the asteroid that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Jul 21, 2014Because we live on the planet Earth, it's sometimes hard to gain some perspective about the visibility of life outside of our planet. An extraterrestrial spacecraft lurking in a satellite's orbit near Earth would be able to see city lights and pollution in our atmosphere.
- Jul 20, 2014Re-examination of birdlike fossil challenges common belief that birds evolved from ground-dwelling dinosaurs.
- Jul 20, 2014Virginia Tech researchers discover which genetic changes pass the test of extremely different ecologies
- Jul 19, 2014New research shows projected changes in the winds circling the Antarctic may accelerate global sea level rise significantly more than previously estimated.
- Jul 18, 2014New simulations show that Mercury and other unusually metal-rich objects in the Solar System may be relics left behind by earlier hit and run collisions.
- Jul 18, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jul 17, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jul 16, 2014A galaxy over 12 billion light years from Earth is running out of carbon dioxide gas, and headed for a ‘red and dead’ future.