- Aug 1, 2014The next rover NASA will send to Mars in 2020 will carry seven carefully-selected instruments to conduct unprecedented science and explore the Red Planet.
- Aug 1, 2014New findings suggest some sensitive rainforest-restricted species may survive climate change and avoid extinction.
- Aug 1, 2014In the review of over 200 scientific papers, an international team of researchers points out how vital the deep sea is to support our current way of life.
- Jul 29, 2014For the first time, researchers have detected an unknown interaction between microorganisms and salt. These formations may be used as biosignatures in the search for life in dry environments outside our own planet.
- Jul 28, 2014Stanford Biology Professor Rodolfo Dirzo and his colleagues warn that this "defaunation" could have harmful downstream effects on human health.
- Jul 25, 2014The size of the exoplanet Kepler-93b is now known to an uncertainty of just 74 miles (119 kilometers) on either side of the planetary body.