- Jul 28, 2014Stanford Biology Professor Rodolfo Dirzo and his colleagues warn that this "defaunation" could have harmful downstream effects on human health.
- Jul 25, 2014The size of the exoplanet Kepler-93b is now known to an uncertainty of just 74 miles (119 kilometers) on either side of the planetary body.
- Jul 25, 2014Better Markers of Life on the Horizon.
- Jul 24, 2014In a new study, two Voyager team scientists are proposing a test that they say could prove once and for all of Voyager 1 has crossed the boundary.
- Jul 23, 2014Inside gas giants, carbon is crushed at pressures we could only imagine - that is, until the National Ignition Laboratory found a way to make it happen here on Earth.
- Jul 22, 2014New research shows the vital role of oceans in moderating climate on Earth-like planets.
- Jul 21, 2014The Chelyabinsk meteorite puts to rest a long-standing debate about the source of the asteroid that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Jul 21, 2014Because we live on the planet Earth, it's sometimes hard to gain some perspective about the visibility of life outside of our planet. An extraterrestrial spacecraft lurking in a satellite's orbit near Earth would be able to see city lights and pollution in our atmosphere.
- Jul 20, 2014Re-examination of birdlike fossil challenges common belief that birds evolved from ground-dwelling dinosaurs.