- Jul 17, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jul 16, 2014A galaxy over 12 billion light years from Earth is running out of carbon dioxide gas, and headed for a ‘red and dead’ future.
- Jul 14, 2014NASA's new planet-cataloging mission is expected to detect more than 200 planets the size of Earths and super-Earths.
- Jul 13, 2014A study of the links between climate and marine life reveals how changes in physical factors impact everything from single-celled algae to penguins.
- Jul 13, 2014Modern humans emerged from a complex 'labyrinth of biology and peoples,' findings suggest
- Jul 12, 2014A discovery in green alga Volvox carteri shows how male and female sexes have evolved from a more primitive mating system in a single-celled relative.
- Jul 12, 2014A new study shows that some strains of the oceans’ most abundant organism can generate methane as a byproduct of breaking down a compound for its phosphorus
- Jul 11, 2014Scientists discovered that corals can better recover from yearly bouts of heat stress when they keep large energy reserves socked away in their cells.