- by Elizabeth Howell - Jun 5, 2014Distinguishing between a moon and a planet's atmosphere makes it difficult to accurately find life from afar.
- by Sheyna E. Gifford - Jun 2, 2014Comet-chasing Satellite Rosetta Looks for the Origins of Life from the Early Solar
- by Elizabeth Howell - May 26, 2014There's been a lot of buzz lately about Earths in habitable zones, but one exoplanet researcher urges the astronomy community to adopt caution.
- by Adam Hadhazy - May 12, 2014Looking for tiny, additional shadows built up during multiple mini-eclipses of stars could reveal the existence of exomoons.
- by Elizabeth Howell - May 8, 2014Oxygen is a signal of life on our own planet, but that's not necessarily the case elsewhere.
- by Elizabeth Howell - May 5, 2014Giant impactors may have made Earth a friendlier place for life.
- by Johnny Bontemps - Apr 29, 2014Biogeochemist Jennifer Glass studies methane-eating microbes at the bottom of lakes and oceans. Her work has implications for greenhouse gas cycles and climate change, and may yield insights into life's evolution on early Earth.