While Julia, Ariel and Dimitra highlighted very well why studying astrobiology is awesome, an astrobiology lecture series aptly named “Origins” has been initiated by Yale University.
I highly recommend attending these lectures if you are interested in learning more on astrobiology. I especially liked how the lectures are announced:
[Astrobiology] is a science that has yet to demonstrate that its subject matter exists… However…
and hell, is that a big ‘however’!
Without further due, here are the list of speakers:
- Tue, Oct 4, 4pm: Steven Benner” – Chemical Considerations when Searching for Life on Mars and Titan”
- Wed, Oct 26, 2pm: James Kasting - Is the Earth rare?
- Thu, Nov 3, 4pm: Victoria Meadows - Biosignatures
- Wed, Nov 9, 2pm: Jonathan Fortney - Exoplanet Structure
- Mon, Nov 28, 4pm: Seth Shostak - SETI