Humans Need Not Apply
You are one-of-a-kind, unique, indispensible… oh, wait, never mind! It seems that computer over there can do what you do … faster and with greater accuracy.
Yes, it´s silicon vs. carbon as intelligent, interactive machines out-perform humans in tasks beyond data-crunching. We´re not only building our successors, we´re developing emotional relationships with them. Find out why humans are hard-wired to be attached to androids.
Also, the handful of areas where humans still rule… as pilots, doctors and journalists. Scratch that! Journalism is automated too –“ tune in for a news story written solely by a machine.
- Clifford Nass –“ Social psychologist at Stanford University and Director of the Communication Between Humans and Interactive Media Lab
- Tom Jones –“ United States astronaut, space consultant, and veteran of four Space Shuttle flights
- Chris Ford –“ Business director at Pixar Animation Studios
- Eric Van De Graaff –Cardiologist at Alegent Health
- James Bennighof –“ Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, and professor of music theory at Baylor University in Texas
- Kathy Abbott –“ Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Flight Deck Human Factors at the Federal Aviation Administration
- Kristian Hammond –“ Co-founder, Narrative Science