Water the Chances
Water, water everywhere. But most of it is sea water –“ you can´t drink it. Discover the most promising technologies for desalination and why solar cells are key. Also, how astronauts filter "water-closet water" to drink it, and how to turn a salt pond back to a wetland.
Plus, from Roman aqueducts to modern-day pumps: a history of quenching human thirst. And, why NASA strives to "follow the water."
- Brian Fagan –“ Anthropologist at the University of California, Santa Barbara, author of Elixir: A History of Water and Humankind
- John Bourgeois –“ Biologist and Executive Project Manager, South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project
- Michael Meyer –“ Lead scientist for the Mars Exploration Program
- Farouk El-Baz –“ Geologist and Director of the Center for Remote Sensing, Boston University
- Michael Flynn –“ Principal investigator for NASA´s advanced life support branch, Ames Research Center