- Aug 22, 2014Researchers show for the first time that sunlight, not microbial activity, dominates the production of carbon dioxide in Arctic inland waters.
- Aug 12, 2014Conflicting research on the heating and cooling of Earth has led to a global temperature conundrum, which climate scientists plan to address this fall.
- Jul 3, 2014A study reports that deep ocean currents stalled or may have stopped some 900,000 years ago, explaining why ice-age cycles became longer and more intense.
- Jul 2, 2014The new study suggests that the joining of North and South America changed the salinity of the Pacific Ocean and caused major ice sheet growth.
- Jun 4, 2014A new study in Australia shows that dryland ecosystems play a more important role in the global carbon cycle than previously thought.
- May 17, 2014Changes in light intensity may impact density of tree rings, researcher finds