- Jul 20, 2014Virginia Tech researchers discover which genetic changes pass the test of extremely different ecologies
- Jul 7, 2014The evolution of the ribosome, a large molecular structure found in the cells of all species, has been revealed in unprecedented detail in a new study.
- Jul 2, 2014There are countless ways that life can evolve...or are there?
- Jun 5, 2014A new study of how biodiversity arises shows how a mutation in a single gene during development can lead to different consequences not only in jaw shape, but how this leads to different feeding strategies to exploit different ecological niches
- Jun 2, 2014New discoveries suggest that genetic language used by most organisms may not be universal.
- Jun 1, 2014Researchers have released ground-breaking findings that dismiss the ‘Neutral Theory of Biodiversity’. The theory has dominated biodiversity research for the past decade, and been advocated as a tool for conservation and management efforts.
- May 27, 2014Remains of 12,000- to 13,000-Year-Old Teenage Girl Found in Underwater Mexican Cave Establish Definitive Link Between Earliest Americans and Modern Native Americans