- Jul 10, 2014The average planetary orbit is ten times as elongated as Earths, a fact that can influence their potential habitability. Dim brown dwarfs may be part of the problem.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 8, 2014For the first time, astronomers have predicted the 'time of death' for two exoplanets.
- Jun 5, 2014Distinguishing between a moon and a planet's atmosphere makes it difficult to accurately find life from afar.
- May 26, 2014There's been a lot of buzz lately about Earths in habitable zones, but one exoplanet researcher urges the astronomy community to adopt caution.
- May 21, 2014Chairman Smith: As we discover more planets around the stars in our own galaxy, it is natural to wonder if we may finally be on the brink of answering the centuries’ old question, “Are we alone in the universe?” Finding other sentient life in the
- May 12, 2014Looking for tiny, additional shadows built up during multiple mini-eclipses of stars could reveal the existence of exomoons.