- Aug 18, 2014Scientists targeted several planets in the Kepler field for radio signals that could indicate intelligent civilizations.
- Jul 25, 2014The size of the exoplanet Kepler-93b is now known to an uncertainty of just 74 miles (119 kilometers) on either side of the planetary body.
- Jul 10, 2014The average planetary orbit is ten times as elongated as Earths, a fact that can influence their potential habitability. Dim brown dwarfs may be part of the problem.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 8, 2014For the first time, astronomers have predicted the 'time of death' for two exoplanets.
- Jun 5, 2014Distinguishing between a moon and a planet's atmosphere makes it difficult to accurately find life from afar.
- May 26, 2014There's been a lot of buzz lately about Earths in habitable zones, but one exoplanet researcher urges the astronomy community to adopt caution.