- Jul 17, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jul 6, 2014NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover has completed a Martian year –687 Earth days– this week. The vehicle travels through an arid and reddish landscape that was home to glaciers in the past.
- Jun 30, 2014How do you feed a six-person crew on a three-year mission to Mars?
- Jun 27, 2014A fantastic look at a fresh comet.
- Jun 24, 2014NASA’s Mars Curiosity rover will complete a Martian year - 687 Earth days - on June 24. The rover has found that Mars once had conditions favorable for microbial life.
- Jun 20, 2014In late May, NASA's Swift satellite imaged comet Siding Spring, which will brush astonishingly close to Mars later this year.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.