- Jul 21, 2014Because we live on the planet Earth, it's sometimes hard to gain some perspective about the visibility of life outside of our planet. An extraterrestrial spacecraft lurking in a satellite's orbit near Earth would be able to see city lights and pollution in our atmosphere.
- Jun 12, 2014Researchers suggest using the giant planet's decametric radio waves to scan its moons for life.
- Jun 11, 2014Life in our Universe may be rarer than we thought.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 5, 2014Distinguishing between a moon and a planet's atmosphere makes it difficult to accurately find life from afar.
- May 26, 2014There's been a lot of buzz lately about Earths in habitable zones, but one exoplanet researcher urges the astronomy community to adopt caution.
- May 8, 2014Oxygen is a signal of life on our own planet, but that's not necessarily the case elsewhere.
- Mar 20, 2014Life could be orbiting rare F-type stars, despite heavy blasts of ultraviolet radiation.
- Jan 27, 2014A new study offers intriguing glimpses into how we might someday assess alien cognition and sentience by better comprehending non-human intelligences right here on Earth.