- May 12, 2014Looking for tiny, additional shadows built up during multiple mini-eclipses of stars could reveal the existence of exomoons.
- May 9, 2014More rocky planets than ever may be revealed by a new data-analysis technique.
- Apr 18, 2014Using NASA's Kepler Space Telescope, astronomers have discovered the first Earth-size planet orbiting a star in the "habitable zone" -- the range of distance from a star where liquid water might pool on the surface of an orbiting planet.
- Mar 15, 2014After searching hundreds of millions of objects across our sky, NASA's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) has turned up no evidence of the hypothesized celestial body in our solar system commonly dubbed "Planet X."
- Mar 2, 2014Astronomers have used a new technique to identify water in the atmosphere of an extrasolar planet. The planet is a 'hot Jupiter' that orbits a nearby star named Tau Boötis.
- Feb 26, 2014NASA's Kepler mission has announced the discovery of 715 new planets, bringing the count of confirmed exoplanets to nearly 1,700.