- Sep 4, 2002Some scientists think it may be possible to detect planets beyond our solar system by looking for radio signals generated by same forces that lead to 'Northern Lights'. A team of scientists working on a radio telescope called the Low Frequency Array (LOFAR)
- Jun 8, 2002Distant planetisimals may have similar sun-distances and temperatures to Earth.
- Jun 2, 2002The standard model for the formation of rocky planets like Earth appears to be on solid ground even when applied to systems in which two stars orbit each other, according to a new study.
- Jun 2, 2002Astronomers have made the first direct detection and chemical analysis of an atmosphere of a planet that exists outside our solar system.
- Jun 2, 2002When unusually warm dust was first discovered around a nearby star, called zeta Leporis, infrared astronomers began hunting in detail for the heat source.
- Dec 19, 2001When unusually warm dust was first discovered around a nearby star, called zeta Leporis, infrared astronomers began hunting in detail for the heat source.