Robotics & A.I
- Aug 4, 2014A robot that can scale the faces of steep cliffs might one day help explore Mars and find signs of life.
- Jan 24, 2014The MARS (Mobile and Remote Sensing Lab) team has helped the Cleveland Police refurbish an old crime-fighting robot. Other work involves outfitting modern robots with applications for science in space and on Earth.
- Nov 20, 2013Researcher will use an NSF research vessel that is wintering in the Great Lakes to test the new underwater explorer, Nereid UI.
- Oct 24, 2013A child’s toy was the inspiration for a new spacecraft design concept to explore the murky surface of Saturn's moon Titan.
- Sep 11, 2013A new visual system that is 'part-human, part-machine' has been developed to search for past or present life in planetary environments. Now, the instrument is being tested in extreme environments on Earth.
- Jul 3, 2013A rover named Zoë recently traveled to the dry, harsh terrain of Chile's Atacama Desert. Equipped with a drill, cameras, spectrometers and other sensors, Zoë spent two weeks analyzing the soil from above and below the surface, providing valuable data for future missions to Mars.
- Jun 10, 2013Someday, a tiny submarine barely larger than two soda cans could be one of the first visitors to Jupiter's icy moon Europa.