- Aug 29, 2014Plants may have never moved onto land without the ability to respond to the touch of beneficial fungi, according to a new study
- Aug 25, 2014Titan's “prebiotic” environment consist of molecules that could be a precursor to life.
- Aug 25, 2014A newly-discovered species of ant supports a controversial theory of species formation.
- Aug 16, 2014New findings suggest that the first living cell had a 'leaky' membrane, allowing it to be powered by energy in its surroundings, while holding in other components necessary for life.
- Aug 14, 2014A study of the diversity of radiolarian fossils paints a picture of the world's most lethal mass extinction.
- Aug 14, 2014Researchers suggest bare-bones genome is adaptation to deep freeze
- Aug 10, 2014An international team of researchers has found extremely small habitats that increase the potential for life on other planets while offering a way to clean up oil spills on our own.
- Jul 29, 2014For the first time, researchers have detected an unknown interaction between microorganisms and salt. These formations may be used as biosignatures in the search for life in dry environments outside our own planet.
- Jul 25, 2014Better Markers of Life on the Horizon.