- Aug 14, 2014Researchers suggest bare-bones genome is adaptation to deep freeze
- Aug 10, 2014An international team of researchers has found extremely small habitats that increase the potential for life on other planets while offering a way to clean up oil spills on our own.
- Jul 29, 2014For the first time, researchers have detected an unknown interaction between microorganisms and salt. These formations may be used as biosignatures in the search for life in dry environments outside our own planet.
- Jun 19, 2014Asteroids are usually thought to be a danger to life, but their impact sites could also provide protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Jun 16, 2014A recent diving expedition provides a closer look at some South Pacific hydrothermal vents where the precursors to life may have gotten their start.
- Apr 13, 2014A new paper shows that wood-boring clams serve as “ecosystem engineers,” making the organic matter in the wood available to other animals that colonize wood falls in the deep waters of Monterey Canyon.