- Nov 14, 2013Viruses can coat themselves in silica glass to protect themselves, like donning a suit of armor. This finding has implications for the search for life on other planets such as Mars.
- Nov 13, 2013Scientists working in the deserts of the American west have uncovered a unique mechanism that helps life survive in a resource-limited environment.
- Sep 29, 2013Scientists have made a significant step in understanding how life survives at the bottom of the deep ocean.
- Sep 22, 2013Scientists have developed an attachment for a smartphone that could be used to detect viruses and bacteria in the field.
- Aug 20, 2013In 2006, a multinational crew of scientists discovered methane seeps in the Pacific that were unlike seeps seen anywhere else. The sites support a unique food web dominated by worms that feed on methane-filtering microbes.