Origin and evolution of life
- Aug 25, 2014Titan's “prebiotic” environment consist of molecules that could be a precursor to life.
- Aug 25, 2014A newly-discovered species of ant supports a controversial theory of species formation.
- Aug 16, 2014New findings suggest that the first living cell had a 'leaky' membrane, allowing it to be powered by energy in its surroundings, while holding in other components necessary for life.
- Aug 14, 2014A study of the diversity of radiolarian fossils paints a picture of the world's most lethal mass extinction.
- Jul 20, 2014Re-examination of birdlike fossil challenges common belief that birds evolved from ground-dwelling dinosaurs.
- Jul 20, 2014Virginia Tech researchers discover which genetic changes pass the test of extremely different ecologies
- Jul 13, 2014Modern humans emerged from a complex 'labyrinth of biology and peoples,' findings suggest
- Jul 12, 2014A discovery in green alga Volvox carteri shows how male and female sexes have evolved from a more primitive mating system in a single-celled relative.
- Jul 7, 2014The evolution of the ribosome, a large molecular structure found in the cells of all species, has been revealed in unprecedented detail in a new study.