Origin and evolution of life
- Jul 7, 2014The evolution of the ribosome, a large molecular structure found in the cells of all species, has been revealed in unprecedented detail in a new study.
- Jul 2, 2014There are countless ways that life can evolve...or are there?
- Jun 21, 2014Scientists have named a new species of horned dinosaur, Mercuriceratops Gemini, based on fossils collected from Montana in the US and Alberta, Canada.
- Jun 19, 2014A new study shows that bacteria from the hostile sea-floor environment have adapted by over-activating stress response and DNA-repair mechanisms, to cope with the harsh conditions.
- Jun 17, 2014The first fossil evidence of forest fire may help explain conditions leading up to extinction.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 6, 2014Simulation of high-temperature changes in developing fly-wings reveals something unexpected about environmental adaptation
- Jun 5, 2014A new study of how biodiversity arises shows how a mutation in a single gene during development can lead to different consequences not only in jaw shape, but how this leads to different feeding strategies to exploit different ecological niches