Origin and evolution of life
- Jun 17, 2014The first fossil evidence of forest fire may help explain conditions leading up to extinction.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 6, 2014Simulation of high-temperature changes in developing fly-wings reveals something unexpected about environmental adaptation
- Jun 5, 2014A new study of how biodiversity arises shows how a mutation in a single gene during development can lead to different consequences not only in jaw shape, but how this leads to different feeding strategies to exploit different ecological niches
- Jun 2, 2014New discoveries suggest that genetic language used by most organisms may not be universal.
- Jun 1, 2014Researchers have released ground-breaking findings that dismiss the ‘Neutral Theory of Biodiversity’. The theory has dominated biodiversity research for the past decade, and been advocated as a tool for conservation and management efforts.
- May 27, 2014Remains of 12,000- to 13,000-Year-Old Teenage Girl Found in Underwater Mexican Cave Establish Definitive Link Between Earliest Americans and Modern Native Americans