- Aug 25, 2014NASA’s Pluto-bound New Horizons spacecraft has traversed the orbit of Neptune--its last major crossing until its close encounter with Pluto on July 14, 2015
- Aug 25, 2014New research shows that viruses infecting algae are driving the life-and-death dynamics of algae's blooms.
- Aug 25, 2014Titan's “prebiotic” environment consist of molecules that could be a precursor to life.
- Aug 22, 2014Researchers show for the first time that sunlight, not microbial activity, dominates the production of carbon dioxide in Arctic inland waters.
- Aug 22, 2014New research shows that the heat absent from the surface is plunging deep in the north and south Atlantic Ocean, and is part of a naturally occurring cycle.
- Aug 21, 2014The findings may lead to discoveries of similar water reserves on other planets.
- Aug 19, 2014A study of the Nakhla meteorite has revealed that niche environments for life may exist in the martian subsurface.
- Aug 17, 2014On August 18th, the two brightest planets will come together in the predawn sky for their closest visible pairing since 1999.