- Aug 22, 2014Researchers show for the first time that sunlight, not microbial activity, dominates the production of carbon dioxide in Arctic inland waters.
- Aug 22, 2014New research shows that the heat absent from the surface is plunging deep in the north and south Atlantic Ocean, and is part of a naturally occurring cycle.
- Aug 14, 2014A recent paper describes how communities known as climate relicts can help scientists understand how ecological communities are affected by climate change.
- Aug 12, 2014Conflicting research on the heating and cooling of Earth has led to a global temperature conundrum, which climate scientists plan to address this fall.
- Aug 1, 2014New findings suggest some sensitive rainforest-restricted species may survive climate change and avoid extinction.
- Aug 1, 2014In the review of over 200 scientific papers, an international team of researchers points out how vital the deep sea is to support our current way of life.
- Jul 19, 2014New research shows projected changes in the winds circling the Antarctic may accelerate global sea level rise significantly more than previously estimated.
- Jul 13, 2014A study of the links between climate and marine life reveals how changes in physical factors impact everything from single-celled algae to penguins.
- Jul 11, 2014Scientists discovered that corals can better recover from yearly bouts of heat stress when they keep large energy reserves socked away in their cells.