- Jul 3, 2014A study reports that deep ocean currents stalled or may have stopped some 900,000 years ago, explaining why ice-age cycles became longer and more intense.
- Jul 2, 2014The new study suggests that the joining of North and South America changed the salinity of the Pacific Ocean and caused major ice sheet growth.
- Jun 27, 2014A study sheds new light on the connection between the ocean and Greenland’s outlet glaciers, helping predict how fast the ice sheet will melt in the future.
- Jun 25, 2014Researchers have discovered ragged blocks of ice as tall as city skyscrapers and as wide as the island of Manhattan at the bottom of Greenland's ice sheet.
- Jun 22, 2014A rise in free-roaming icebergs near the Antarctic shores leads to a fall in species diversity, a new study suggests.
- Jun 21, 2014Scientists examined core samples from the seabed off the coast of Spain and Portugal which provided proof of climate change over millions of years.
- Jun 15, 2014New findings pinpoint the complex link between iron and other key marine elements involved in regulating atmospheric CO2 by the oceans.
- Jun 14, 2014Scientists have quantified the extent of surface acidification from those ancient days. The oceans are on track to acidify at a much faster rate.
- Jun 4, 2014A new study in Australia shows that dryland ecosystems play a more important role in the global carbon cycle than previously thought.