- Jul 2, 2014The new study suggests that the joining of North and South America changed the salinity of the Pacific Ocean and caused major ice sheet growth.
- Jun 9, 2014New studies of four-billion-year-old rocks show ancient crust generated in an Iceland-like setting.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Jun 4, 2014A new study in Australia shows that dryland ecosystems play a more important role in the global carbon cycle than previously thought.
- May 5, 2014Giant impactors may have made Earth a friendlier place for life.
- Apr 24, 2014A new study shows how phosphorite deposits might be a signature of ancient biological activity. The rocks contain abundant phosphorus, and their formation could have been the result of sulphur bacteria.
- Mar 24, 2014A new study describes how features of a landscape affect our Earth's carbon cycle.