- Jul 21, 2014Because we live on the planet Earth, it's sometimes hard to gain some perspective about the visibility of life outside of our planet. An extraterrestrial spacecraft lurking in a satellite's orbit near Earth would be able to see city lights and pollution in our atmosphere.
- Jun 9, 2014As life on Earth evolved, so did the number of minerals. This could mean that a planet with more minerals could support life.
- Apr 8, 2014A selective list of short stories and novels that use more or less accurate science and can be used for teaching or reinforcing astronomy or physics concepts.
- Apr 6, 2014Scientists have for the first time witnessed the mechanism behind explosive energy releases in the Sun’s atmosphere, confirming new theories about how solar flares are created.
- Nov 17, 2013Changes in solar activity have contributed no more than 10 per cent to global warming in the twentieth century, a new study has found.
- Sep 30, 2013Scientists have uncovered new information about the nature of the radiation belts that surround the Earth.