- Aug 17, 2014On August 18th, the two brightest planets will come together in the predawn sky for their closest visible pairing since 1999.
- Aug 6, 2014Over two weeks in August 2013, Io exploded as a potential window into our past and many planets’ presents.
- Jul 23, 2014Inside gas giants, carbon is crushed at pressures we could only imagine - that is, until the National Ignition Laboratory found a way to make it happen here on Earth.
- May 7, 2014A new NASA-funded study has shown that Jupiter's moon Ganymede might have layers of ice and oceans sandwiched together beneath its surface.
- Apr 10, 2014Is Jupiter a friendly planet, Earth's enemy, or perhaps both?
- Dec 19, 2013NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has observed water vapor above the frigid south polar region of Jupiter's moon Europa, providing the first strong evidence of water plumes erupting off the moon's surface.