- May 22, 2014The Solar Wind Ion Analyzer will help answer why Mars has gradually lost much of its atmosphere, developing into a frozen, barren planet.
- May 2, 2014The world’s largest supersonic parachute could make a Mars sample return mission a reality.
- Apr 24, 2014The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is launching a new type of exchange with a virtual field trip to Mars. Tune in to watch the live Google+ Hangout on Friday, April 25, 2014 2-3 p.m. EDT.
- Apr 10, 2014After 18 months on Mars, the rover Curiosity has taken more than 120,000 measurements of surface rocks and soil, painting a more detailed image of how much water was once on the Red Planet.
- Feb 16, 2014The martian rock resembling a jelly doughnut, dubbed Pinnacle Island, is a piece of a larger rock broken and moved by the wheel of NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity in early January.