- Jun 26, 2002Geologists at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum have discovered a large former lake in the highlands of Mars that would cover an area the size of Texas and New Mexico combined, and which overflowed to carve one of that planet's largest valleys.
- Jun 2, 2002The first results from the Mars Odyssey are in, and they reveal that the Southern Hemisphere of the Red Planet has a lot of water ice just below the surface.
- Mar 4, 2002The first results from the Mars Odyssey are in, and they reveal that the Southern Hemisphere of the Red Planet has a lot of water ice just below the surface.
- Dec 31, 2001Magnetite crystals in the martian meteorite ALH84001 may be of biological origin.
- Dec 10, 2001The planet Mars we know today is a cold, dry, desert world, but suppose the martian climate is changing even now, year to year and decade to decade?
- Dec 3, 2001A response by the JSC Mars Meteorite Team regarding a paper "Magnetite morphology and life on Mars by Buseck et al. that appears in the 19 November 2001 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Sep 7, 2001New images of the surface of Mars provide the first direct evidence that the climate of Mars has changed during the last 100,000 years. This is much earlier than previous estimates, which calculated a climate change dating back hundreds of millions of years.