Meteorites,Comets and Asteroids
- Aug 14, 2014The novel discovery that may potentially protect the world from future collisions with asteroids.
- Aug 13, 2014A team of scientists has created detailed 3-D maps of the atmospheres surrounding comets, identifying several gases and mapping their spread at the highest resolution ever achieved.
- Aug 3, 2014More than four billion years ago, the surface of Earth was heavily reprocessed – or melted, mixed, and buried – as a result of giant asteroid impacts.
- Jul 21, 2014The Chelyabinsk meteorite puts to rest a long-standing debate about the source of the asteroid that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Jul 18, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jul 17, 2014Humanity has plans to expand into space: to the Moon, to Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), and to the moons of Mars. Like any trip to anywhere, we need to know certain things before we go.
- Jun 29, 2014Researchers have developed a new computer model that can predict and visualize the interaction between the solar wind, solar radiation, and the surface of asteroids in unprecedented detail.
- Jun 27, 2014A fantastic look at a fresh comet.
- Jun 20, 2014In late May, NASA's Swift satellite imaged comet Siding Spring, which will brush astonishingly close to Mars later this year.