Meteorites,Comets and Asteroids
- Apr 18, 2014Using NASA's Kepler Space Telescope, astronomers have discovered the first Earth-size planet orbiting a star in the "habitable zone" -- the range of distance from a star where liquid water might pool on the surface of an orbiting planet.
- Mar 17, 2014NASA’s Asteroid Data Hunter contest series will offer $35,000 in awards over the next six months to citizen scientists who develop improved algorithms that can be used to identify asteroids.
- Mar 15, 2014After searching hundreds of millions of objects across our sky, NASA's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) has turned up no evidence of the hypothesized celestial body in our solar system commonly dubbed "Planet X."
- Mar 15, 2014Scientists have found evidence that ancient water movement in a martian meteorite. The finding is reviving a debate over life on Mars.
- Mar 2, 2014Astronomers have used a new technique to identify water in the atmosphere of an extrasolar planet. The planet is a 'hot Jupiter' that orbits a nearby star named Tau Boötis.