Outer solar system
- Jul 25, 2014Better Markers of Life on the Horizon.
- Jul 24, 2014In a new study, two Voyager team scientists are proposing a test that they say could prove once and for all of Voyager 1 has crossed the boundary.
- Jun 25, 2014An Old Planetary Map Points the Way to Pluto’s Composition.
- Jun 24, 2014A year from now we will get our first close-up look at Pluto and its largest moon Charon.
- Mar 31, 2014Objects at the Solar System's edge could one day show scientists how life arose on Earth. That's because many of these objects could contain organics, carbon-based material that are ingredients of life.
- Jan 26, 2014Planets or moons outside the "stellar habitable zone" may have environments even more favorable to supporting life than here on Earth, according to a new Hypothesis article in Astrobiology
- Jan 2, 2014As 2013 draws to a close, Astrobiology Magazine highlights the year's top stories. At number 1, NASA’s Voyager 1 spacecraft officially became the first human-made object to venture into interstellar space. (Originally published on 09/15/13)
- Dec 9, 2013A new study suggests the possibility of transfer of life from the inner solar system to the moons orbiting Jupiter and Saturn, although very rare, cannot be ruled out.
- Oct 17, 2013Fran Bagenal is a Co-Investigator on NASA's New Horizons mission, which is set to arrive at Pluto and Charon in 2015.