- Jul 13, 2014A study of the links between climate and marine life reveals how changes in physical factors impact everything from single-celled algae to penguins.
- Jul 12, 2014A new study shows that some strains of the oceans’ most abundant organism can generate methane as a byproduct of breaking down a compound for its phosphorus
- Jul 11, 2014Scientists discovered that corals can better recover from yearly bouts of heat stress when they keep large energy reserves socked away in their cells.
- Jul 11, 2014New data from NASA's Cassini mission suggests that the ocean inside Saturn's largest moon, Titan, might be as salty as Earth's Dead Sea.
- Jul 6, 2014NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover has completed a Martian year –687 Earth days– this week. The vehicle travels through an arid and reddish landscape that was home to glaciers in the past.
- Jul 5, 2014Scientists have found that the sun's corona is even larger than thought, extending out some 5 million miles above the sun's surface.
- Jul 4, 2014Team members on NASA's Cassini mission to Saturn have chosen a name for the final phase of the mission: the Cassini Grand Finale.
- Jul 3, 2014A study reports that deep ocean currents stalled or may have stopped some 900,000 years ago, explaining why ice-age cycles became longer and more intense.