- Jun 2, 2002Astronomers have made the first direct detection and chemical analysis of an atmosphere of a planet that exists outside our solar system.
- Jun 2, 2002When unusually warm dust was first discovered around a nearby star, called zeta Leporis, infrared astronomers began hunting in detail for the heat source.
- Mar 4, 2002The first results from the Mars Odyssey are in, and they reveal that the Southern Hemisphere of the Red Planet has a lot of water ice just below the surface.
- Jan 25, 2002A discovery by a NASA scientist of sugar and several related organic compounds in two carbonaceous meteorites provides the first evidence that another fundamental building block of life on Earth may have come from outer space.
- Dec 31, 2001Magnetite crystals in the martian meteorite ALH84001 may be of biological origin.
- Dec 24, 2001The hills of Western Australia are home to zircons nearly four-and-a-half billion years old. The tiny crystals may change our understanding of the newly-formed Earth.
- Dec 19, 2001When unusually warm dust was first discovered around a nearby star, called zeta Leporis, infrared astronomers began hunting in detail for the heat source.