- Sep 18, 2012Astronomers have spotted planets orbiting sun-like stars in a crowded cluster of stars. The findings show that planets can form in dense stellar environments.
- Sep 13, 2012In this interview, Chris McKay describes how he’ll use two of Curiosity Rover’s instruments: he’ll help determine what ChemCam should focus its laser on, and then compare the organic analysis by the SAM instrument to what was measured by the Mars Viking mission, and also
- Sep 12, 2012Methane on Mars has been taken as an indication that the planet could be geologically or biologically active. The origin of Mars methane is unknown, but a new theory suggests an unexpected source - dust storms and dust devils.
- Sep 8, 2012On Mars’s poles there are ice caps of ice and dust with layers that reflect to past climate variations on Mars. Researchers have related the layers in the ice cap on Mars’s north pole to variations in solar insolation on Mars, thus establishing the first
- Sep 7, 2012ESA's Mars Express has returned to its primary mission after providing support for the landing of the Curiosity rover. The spacecraft has returned deep views into the martian crust within the walls of Hadley Crater, providing insight into the history of Mars's climate.