Rxs Get Personal
ENCORE Medicine´s back.. and this time it´s personal. Get ready to have your genome read… your brain scanned… and undergo a chemical analysis so detailed, it´ll reveal the Twinkie you had for lunch. Everyone´s different, and reading those differences at the level of the gene may provide a more accurate profile of health and how to treat disease. But are you ready to know what´s wrong with you?
Discover the future of personalized medicine with biologist Craig Venter, as well as a man who turned his body over to the new science. Learn what his tests revealed.
Plus, why stem cell research really is a horse race. And, why getting sick is sometimes the best thing.
- Craig Venter –“ Genome scientist
- Frank McCormick –“ Director of the Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of California, San Francisco
- David Ewing Duncan –“ Journalist and author of Experimental Man: What One Man´s Body Reveals about His Future, Your Health, and Our Toxic World
- Sharon Moalem –“ Neurogeneticist and Evolutionary Biologist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and author of Survival of the Sickest
- Sean Owens –“ Director of the Regenerative Medicine Laboratory at the University of California, Davis
- Julie Burges –“ Animal Health Technician, Regenerative Medicine Laboratory, University of California, Davis